Sunday, April 14, 2013

Fairy Canvas

I think this is the quickest canvas that I've ever made. We found the birthday invitation in my daughters school bag on the Friday afternoon and the party was for that weekend. 
There is a little story behind why we chose to do this particular fairy. Most mornings before school I'd draw pictures to colour in with my daughter in her classroom. Her little friends would see us and also ask if I'd draw pictures for them. This was one of  the most popular requests apart from "can I please have a mermaid?" So I thought that it would have a little meaning to her seeing as it was something she did most mornings with my daughter and I. 
Apart from drawing and painting the fairy I did some paper piecing and also used texture paste for her hair. We cut the letters and flowers from my Cricut Machine to personalise it even more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment